Friday, January 5, 2007

Photoblogger beware


The photo above is a screen shot of a Bruneian website which used my photo (BMW photo) without permission. The copyright notice is clearly mention in my Pbase website. There was no watermark on the photo but the copyright notice should be enough. An international website in fact contacted me via the comments page in the Pbase website asking for permission to use my other photos. I actually email the webmaster to advise him of his "mistake" but up to know no answer (typical isn't it).

To other photobloggers, just beware of these amateur website!

11 comments:

BruneiForever said...

You could file an official complaint and sue them Bro. Get a lawyer :)

heisbaolah said...

Baik jua ku bukan pro otherwise ku follow up tu and at least the article was not a slander.

Anonymous said...

hmm i guess its best if we put watermarks on our photos, sometimes I do forgot to do that myself

airbiscuit said...

eh brudirect? lol

DC said...

What else is new? This is Brunei. If it was mine, I'd prosecute just to make an example of them. Forget the webmaster if u are making a complaint about Brudirect. The owner's name is Ignatius Stephens. If you want his number, contact me via email.

thrumyeyes said...

If you need a lawyer, I'll recommend you someone.

G-`FerRo said...

Photo ...? .. I design wedding invitations at this printing company .. and on it I clearly stated "©Designed By G-`FerRo Fotoworks" .. few weeks after that .... waaaheeeyy .. they printed it for many other couples ... and guess what .... they put it as .. "Design By XXX Printing Company" !!!! .. What The????!!

Anonymous said...

aiyoooo...what happened to copyright acts in Brunei, I guess its time to re-enforce it

heisbaolah said...

Maybe Mr. Brudirect can write an article about copyright issue, rather than writing about raid on those DVD shops ... those printing company should be name and shame ....

thrumyeyes said...

yes maybe he should write about this in "Talk Back with I. S."

the bald said...

bro when u win the suit.. don't forget us ah.. new lens.. new this.. new that hehe..